Sunday, November 6, 2011

Leadership Theory

Being a character coach got me thinking about ways to be a better, more effective leader.  How can I better control my class?  What can I do help them succeed?  I also wanted to learn about different leadership styles because I know that in different situations, I will us different leadership theories.

After doing some research, I have found that being a character coach is a people-oriented leadership role.  People-oriented leaders are focused on organizing people to achieve a goal and developing them to be their best selves.  I feel this is my main goal as a character coach.  I want to help these students grow into confidence, successful leaders of tomorrow.  With my help, I think this can be possible. 

While this project will mainly be people-oriented leadership, I think I will find as I progress through the program that at times, my leadership role will change depending on certain events.  


Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other- John F. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment