Saturday, July 14, 2012

Week 10: It's Better to Compliment than Criticize


compliment



Many times, we say hurtful things without thinking.  For this lesson, I had a volunteer come to the front of the room to squeeze toothpaste from the tube onto a plate for a few seconds.  Then I told the student that he had to get the toothpaste all back into the tube.  As this is quite hard to do, I asked the students if they had ever said something and then immediately wished they could take it back.  


I have frequently observed the students being very critical towards each other, instead of being well-mannered.  I had each student give a quick compliment to every other student, as I feel that positive reinforcement and receiving unexpected compliments can lead to a happier life.  I also suggested that if they held any grudges against people in the class that they learn to forgive them, and instead of getting angry next time, they try to work it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment