Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week 17: Make Friends, But Choose Them Wisely

Make new friends, but keep the old.  Some are silver and the others gold" - we all sang this brief song at some point during our childhood, yet the message of the song still remains clear even now, as we grow older.  I have many new college friends, but I still remain in contact with my high school friends.  Even though I rarely see them, we can talk to each other about anything and anyone.  I want to have as many friends as I can because these people truly know who I am and appreciate me for my personality, no matter how sarcastic I may be.


To talk about having good friends with my students, we discussed what types of qualities make a good friend.  Good friends should support each other, be dependable, respect each other, listen to each other, and genuinely care about each other.  We also dicussed the importance of forgiving our friends for making silly mistakes, as forgiveness is a huge topic in the school.

To have good friends, you have to be a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment